The ICATT Social Enterprise mission is to transform marginalized community members into job creators and contributors.
A social enterprise is a cause-driven business whose primary reason for being is to improve social objectives and serve the common good while still making a profit.
Although profits are not the primary motivation behind a social enterprise, revenue still plays an essential role in the sustainability of the venture. In fact, sustainable revenue differentiates a social enterprise from a traditional charity that relies on outside funding in the form of donations or grants to achieve its social mission.
This does not mean that social enterprises cannot be highly profitable, it simply means that when they are, their priority is the reinvestment of profits into their social mission rather than payouts to shareholders.
A successful social enterprise is one that balances the tension between upholding the social mission of their organization and maximizing the productivity of their business venture to ensure sustainability.
The ICATT social enterprise programs are:
- Community Career Promoter
- Jobs Unlimited Program
- Career Academy Scholarship Fund
Community Career Promoter is a volunteer-driven initiative that empowers career advancement seekers to achieve future success by using locally available resources.
- Inspires career advancement seekers to achieve their highest human potential.
- Connects career advancement seekers with local career resources.
- Serves all people who seek career advancement.
- There are more than enough local resources than people realize for the success they need to advance their careers.
- Host regular virtual events with a focus on inspiring individuals through sharing of career success stories.
- Refer career seekers to over 2,500 locally-based American Job Centers throughout the United States.
Jobs Unlimited is a program that develops job creators.
The program works with people who have a rare aptitude as social entrepreneurs in order to train them, incubate them, and accelerate them for creating multiple job opportunities.
The benefits of Jobs Unlimited include:
- Cost effective method of job creation.
- Exponential (as opposed to linear) growth of job opportunities.
- Empowerment of youth and women.
Jobs Unlimited is currently run as a consortium of public-private partnerships.
Career Academy Scholarship Fund is a program dedicated to generating funds and making the funds available to the marginalized community members to fully participate in and benefit from the full ICATT Career Academy program.
Career Academy Scholarship Fund is a bank of cash and in-kind reserve for the benefit of those in need.
The program makes it possible for marginalized community members to afford and participate in employment readiness programs.
The scholarship fund is accumulated through ICATT profits and other funding sources.
This program will be made available to community members who fall through the cracks because they may not qualify for traditional funding sources.